Racing Tipsters Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Towards 2020 - Thoughts on Changes/Amendments

4 posters

Go down

Towards 2020 - Thoughts on Changes/Amendments Empty Towards 2020 - Thoughts on Changes/Amendments

Post by nutterinthegutter Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:34 pm

I've been thinking today a bit about how we might revamp the Comp making it possible to select choices from during the week not just the weekends and bank holidays.
I miss studying the form in the week and listening to the racing online.
I thought something like setting a minimum of selections per week to be made whenever you want but with no maximum number.
Say maybe minimum 25 making it feasible you could still just pick from the weekend if desired yet those with more time or wish could select as many they want throughout the week.
I think this could work.
Steve, as our rules and regulations officer, what do you think of this?
And Lynne and Hugo, what thoughts?

nutterinthegutter

Back to top Go down

Towards 2020 - Thoughts on Changes/Amendments Empty Re: Towards 2020 - Thoughts on Changes/Amendments

Post by upduck Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:03 am

Pointless Punter wrote:I've been thinking today a bit about how we might revamp the Comp making it possible to select choices from during the week not just the weekends and bank holidays.
I miss studying the form in the week and listening to the racing online.
I thought something like setting a minimum of selections per week to be made whenever you want but with no maximum number.
Say maybe minimum 25 making it feasible you could still just pick from the weekend if desired yet those with more time or wish could select as many they want throughout the week.
I think this could work.
Steve, as our rules and regulations officer, what do you think of this?
And Lynne and Hugo, what thoughts?
Like this idea.
I sometimes miss the daily comp and looking for winners too. I think at times it did become a bit of a chore doing it daily, but also i think that when things were going well, it was less of a chore.
Worth doing methinks. 25 selections as a minimum weekly number would work, with allowance for winter abandonments and fewer meetings

Another suggestion for next year...
I wonder whether it is worth doing the 'Major Race' Comp next year. Not had hardly anything all year, and i will hold my hand up to not always bothering to check advance meetings for this. Just stick to Big Race Comp and maybe, tweak the Festivals into a competition. Thoughts??

upduck

Back to top Go down

Towards 2020 - Thoughts on Changes/Amendments Empty Re: Towards 2020 - Thoughts on Changes/Amendments

Post by hugo Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:14 am

Yes, I like the idea of it being open all week but the choice to play whatever day you like...

I never play the 'big races" anyway, not sure what the point of them is, I'd you think a horse is gonna come first in the big race that should be the horse your betting on in the main comp anyway lol

I'm completely open minded on that and the festival and any of those side 'draws'

Thanks!
hugo
hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by nutterinthegutter Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:10 pm

Thanks for the responses, just Lynne to say.

nutterinthegutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Linoleum Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Have been gardening all day so not sure I can put a sentence together!  But here goes:

I like the idea of have the competition open all week as for those of us who are a bit busy at times it gives flexibility.

Like Hugo, I'm not sure of the purpose of the Big Race Comp but have quite enjoyed the Festivals.  However, am happy to go with whatever Charles and Steve decide.  (I suppose I should be promoting the BRC as I'm doing so well!).

Linoleum

Back to top Go down

Post by nutterinthegutter Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:03 pm

That's it then. We have a mandate to change the rules and regs of the main comp as all agreed opening up the week for selections if wished would be a good step.
I think we should keep the Big Races comp but maybe revise it amalgamating with the old Festival/Mega Race comp into something fresh and new.
Got 2/3 months before we need to have finalised all this, so time for any thoughts and ideas about the final make-up for next year.
Steve, (asking a lot of you), would you mind bringing it all together and writing the rules and regs for us? You do it so well it would be great if you could please?

nutterinthegutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum