Racing Tipsters Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHAMPION TIPSTER COMP 2020??

4 posters

Go down

CHAMPION TIPSTER COMP 2020?? Empty CHAMPION TIPSTER COMP 2020??

Post by upduck Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:15 am

Just the first draft for 2020. Can make any changes based on discussions...

RACING COMP 2020
TOP TIPSTER COMP
A revertion back to a daily comp with some alterations
Entrants can select however many or few selections over the course of the week that they want but MUST make at least 25 selections in total to qualify their total. This figure has some flex to allow for abandonments during the winter etc (Maybe reduced to half the total number of races at the weekend??)
The rules are relatively simple.
Just pick your horses and post them in the relevant thread. Don't forget to add your 'NAP' as this counts as double S/P if it wins. If any selections are made on ANY day during the week, a NAP is allowed as is an NB if you are entitled to one.
Races are settled to a £10.00 stake and non-runners AND WITHDRAWN TIPS (NB - Clarifying the withdrawn horse as a non-runner rule) stakes are returned.
You may back your selection each-way. This will be settled at £5.00 each way and will be settled at 1/5 odds for placed horses in all races.
Selections can be amended up until the start of the race, the THREAD post time will be the judge for any queries for late entry against the advertised racetime, not the 'OFF' time.
Each weeks winner will be entitled to select a 'NEXT BEST ('NB')' for the following week, this will be settled at S/P plus 50% if it wins. However, if the NAP wins then the NB is settled DOUBLE the S/P. A 'NAP' must be selected before a 'NB' can be selected.
In the event of a tied week, all those tied for First will be entitled to a 'NB'.
TYPO ERRORS
This applies to all comps.........Obvious typo errors will be allowed to stand. Right horse/wrong meeting, all selections listed against another meeting, mispelt names etc all count.
However, where there are horses with similar names....Bollin Judy/Bollin Frank, any of the Milan horses etc running in the same race, the horse named will be deemed as the selection. If you want to amend any typos later in the day, this must be done before the 'off' of the race....and if the meeting has started posted on the thread.
Would like to bring back the 'WEEK WIN' prize. Would suggest £100 instead of the previous £250. This prize awarded regardless of any profit/loss

BIG RACE COMP
Changes to replace the Major Race Comp. Races should be Group/Listed or Major Handicaps, Ebor, Hunt Cup Stewards Cup etc
I will try on post a weekly list of races being covered on the BIG Race Comp Thread.
Competition will run at any time during the week when there is a suitable big race or races staged.
Pick 3 horses for each big race in the order you think they will finish.
For each selection that finishes in the position forecast, the S/P is doubled before settling.
MINIMUM OF 8 RUNNERS FOR RACE TO COUNT.
The settling would work as follows from there.
1st - 100% of S/P
2nd - 50 % of S/P
3rd - 25 % of S/P
Add together and Settle to a £10 stake

FESTIVAL COMP - King/Queen of the Festivals
Festivals covered - Royal Ascot, Aintree Grand National Meeting, Glorious Goodwood, Newmarket July Meeting, Epsom Derby meeting, may add others to this list
I am thinking that, where i previously only used the big races for the lesser comps, i should maybe cover any races during the particular festival.
Each Festival will have a separate thread, and the running totals will be kept on the Festival Comp thread.
RULES
One selection for each race.
S/P is converted to points. The points are added together and settled to a £10 stake.
Winner - settled at S/P
Placed(2nd/3rd) -- 25% S/P (3rd place only counted in fields of 8 to 15 runners in handicaps and 8 or more runners for all other races, 4th place counted in 16+ runner handicaps)

upduck

Back to top Go down

CHAMPION TIPSTER COMP 2020?? Empty Re: CHAMPION TIPSTER COMP 2020??

Post by Linoleum Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:11 pm

Thanks for this Steve.  Looks fine to me.  Not sure I fully understand the bit about big races in the festival thread Shocked but Charles will tell me what to do.  Let's go for it!

Linoleum

Back to top Go down

Post by nutterinthegutter Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:24 pm

Looking good, Steve, thanks.

nutterinthegutter

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Howdy chaps.

ok im happy with everything stated so far - BUT - i would like to keep the weekly 'prize' down to just one item.

At the moment, if you win the week you get to choose 'Next-Best' (NB) the following week.  Under the new rules, you would get this *plus* an additional £100.

My proposal
What would you guys think of having the new £100 prize for winning the weekly comp, but *everyone, every week* gets to choose a next-best in addition to the normal 'nap' and thus allow for a greater chance of bet related winning cash / strategic gameplay.

Let me know!
Thanks!
Cya
Hugo
hugo
hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by nutterinthegutter Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:48 pm

I'd go along with that, Hugo, good idea.

Is everyone happy with including Festivals and Big Races when relevant - I feel it could mean too much time taken up with making selections broadening the amount of commitment needed?
I would like to revert back to Sunday rest-day - or perhaps Mondays. The weekly settling would be best followed by a rest day. 7 days a week comp would be over the top IMO.

nutterinthegutter

Back to top Go down

Post by upduck Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:38 pm

hugo wrote:Howdy chaps.

ok im happy with everything stated so far - BUT - i would like to keep the weekly 'prize' down to just one item.

At the moment, if you win the week you get to choose 'Next-Best' (NB) the following week.  Under the new rules, you would get this *plus* an additional £100.

My proposal
What would you guys think of having the new £100 prize for winning the weekly comp, but *everyone, every week* gets to choose a next-best in addition to the normal 'nap' and thus allow for a greater chance of bet related winning cash / strategic gameplay.

Let me know!
Thanks!
Cya
Hugo

Can make that work Very Happy Very Happy

upduck

Back to top Go down

Post by upduck Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:39 pm

Pointless Punter wrote:I'd go along with that, Hugo, good idea.

Is everyone happy with including Festivals and Big Races when relevant - I feel it could mean too much time taken up with making selections broadening the amount of commitment needed?
I would like to revert back to Sunday rest-day - or perhaps Mondays. The weekly settling would be best followed by a rest day. 7 days a week comp would be over the top IMO.

And that too  Very Happy Very Happy

upduck

Back to top Go down

Post by upduck Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:14 pm

RACING COMP 2020
TOP TIPSTER COMP
A revertion back to a 6-day daily comp with some alterations. Sunday becoming a rest day again.
Entrants can select however many or few selections over the course of the week that they want but MUST make at least 25 selections in total to qualify their total. This figure has some flex to allow for abandonments during the winter etc (Maybe reduced to half the total number of races at the weekend??)
The rules are relatively simple.
Just pick your horses and post them in the relevant thread.
If any selections are made on ANY day during the week, a NAP is allowed as is an NB.
Races are settled to a £10.00 stake and non-runners AND WITHDRAWN TIPS (NOTE - Clarifying the withdrawn horse as a non-runner rule) stakes are returned.
You may back your selection each-way. This will be settled at £5.00 each way and will be settled at 1/5 odds for placed horses in all races.
Selections can be amended up until the start of the race, the THREAD post time will be the judge for any queries for late entry against the advertised racetime, not the 'OFF' time.

TYPO ERRORS
This applies to all comps.........Obvious typo errors will be allowed to stand. Right horse/wrong meeting, all selections listed against another meeting, mispelt names etc all count.
However, where there are horses with similar names....Bollin Judy/Bollin Frank, any of the Milan horses etc running in the same race, the horse named will be deemed as the selection. If you want to amend any typos later in the day, this must be done before the 'off' of the race....and if the meeting has started posted on the thread.
Would like to bring back the 'WEEK WIN' prize. Would suggest £100 instead of the previous £250 and removing the NB prize as it can now be used every day. This prize awarded regardless of any profit/loss

BIG RACE COMP
Changes to replace the Major Race Comp. Races should be Group/Listed or Major Handicaps, Ebor, Hunt Cup Stewards Cup etc
I will try on post a weekly list of races being covered on the BIG Race Comp Thread.
Competition will run on Weekends and during Festival weeks. Maximum of 3 Big Races per day.
Pick 3 horses for each big race in the order you think they will finish.
For each selection that finishes in the position forecast, the S/P is doubled before settling.
MINIMUM OF 8 RUNNERS FOR RACE TO COUNT.
The settling would work as follows from there.
1st - 100% of S/P
2nd - 50 % of S/P
3rd - 25 % of S/P
Add together and Settle to a £10 stake

FESTIVAL COMP - King/Queen of the Festivals
Festivals covered - Royal Ascot, Aintree Grand National Meeting, Glorious Goodwood, Newmarket July Meeting, Epsom Derby meeting, may add others to this list
I am thinking that, where i previously only used the big races for the lesser comps, i should maybe cover any races during the particular festival.
Each Festival will have a separate thread, and the running totals will be kept on the Festival Comp thread.
RULES
One selection for each race.
S/P is converted to points. The points are added together and settled to a £10 stake.
Winner - settled at S/P
Placed(2nd/3rd) -- 25% S/P (3rd place only counted in fields of 8 to 15 runners in handicaps and 8 or more runners for all other races, 4th place counted in 16+ runner handicaps)

Have looked at suggestions and come up with the above. Happy? Anything to further add or remove?

upduck

Back to top Go down

Post by Linoleum Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:55 pm

Thanks for doing this Steve.  Can I just check I've got this clear:

- we all get a nap and nb every day
- we're just having a Big Race thread and no Major Race thread
- there is only one prize (£100 for the winner of the week on the 6-day comp)

If so, great.

Linoleum

Back to top Go down

Post by nutterinthegutter Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:08 pm

Linoleum wrote:Thanks for doing this Steve.  Can I just check I've got this clear:

- we all get a nap and nb every day
- we're just having a Big Race thread and no Major Race thread
- there is only one prize (£100 for the winner of the week on the 6-day comp)

If so, great.

That's it, love, I think, don't forget the Festivals though.

I'm happy with this blueprint for next year, thanks Steve.

nutterinthegutter

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:29 am

yup looks good to me Very Happy  thanks!
hugo
hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum