Racing Tipsters Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work-around idea

2 posters

Go down

Work-around idea Empty Work-around idea

Post by upduck Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:35 am

It seems racing is going on around the world, USA, Ireland etc and racecards are on Sporting Life etc, sooooooo
How about we just revert back to a Saturday Comp. No minimum selections, or maybe a small minimum for fairness. Usual rules i.e Nap and NB used. No bonuses. Week winner gets usual prize.
AAAAAANDDDD,
How about we throw in the Virtual Grand National, which it being televised on Saturday. We could do the usual pick 5 horses and awarded bonuses as usual for correct placings etc. Winnings added to Saturday Comp totals.
Happy to draw up some rules for this.
Gotta try something what with all this lock down stuff.

Your thoughts Lady and Gentlemen  :-)

Last edited by upduck on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added bits)

upduck

Back to top Go down

Work-around idea Empty Re: Work-around idea

Post by hugo Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi Steve!

Unfortunately Charles has gone into hospital yesterday with a very high temperature and general unwellness.

This morning he was put on oxygen but we dont yet know if that was just a preventative measure or if he has actually started to struggle to breath (news from the hospital seem sparse and lacking in detail!).

Once he's out we'll let ya know and then perhaps we can have a think about a Saturday fixture Very Happy

Thanks for the ideas!
Cya
Hugo
hugo
hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by upduck Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:04 pm

It must be a very worrying time for you all Hugo Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sad
Please pass on my very best wishes for a full recovery.

upduck

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Thanks Steve - will do!

We know he's off of oxygen now - but still on antibiotics - so hopefully he'll be out within the next few days.
hugo
hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by upduck Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:38 am

Thats good news. Cheers Hugo Smile

upduck

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:35 am

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately Charles got worse through Sunday and eventually passed away last Wednesday morning about 0030hrs.

Myself and Lynne would like to thank you kindly for all the years you've put into this 'Racing Tipsters' forum, it brought Charles alot of joy on a daily basis.

We are happy to close the forum down as we wont be playing any further  - but if you would like the Administration login details to continue running the site yourself then we are more than happy with that - just let me know and I'll msg you the details.

Thanks again for all your input!  we hope you got at least half the enjoyment Charles did.

Farewell!

Regards
Hugo & Lynne
hugo
hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by upduck Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:21 am

Am so sad to hear that news Hugo. My deepest condolences to you and Lynne.  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I am glad Charles got enjoyment from the various comps, as did i. Was something to look forward to sometimes too

I don't want the log-in details for the site. Thanks for all you did setting it up, but i can't see me or anyone else wanting to keep this going. Charles was as much a driving force in keeping this running as i was and i will miss him terribly. Even though it was only ever an online friendship, it was one i enjoyed and valued

Hope you and Lynne stay well thru all this bloody virus thing

Take Care and much love

Steve

upduck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum